Composites and Metamaterials
90 in stock
|Ships By||3-4 days|
This book is an excellent primer for students to learn about physical properties, particularly mechanical properties of heterogeneous and multiphase materials and the cultivation of physical insight. Written by a prominent author who pioneered many of the concepts, this book provides a comprehensive coverage of fundamental and current topics in traditional composites and new heterogeneous materials.
Topics covered include:
- Principles of the mechanics of solid multiphase systems.
- Role of heterogeneity and anisotropy in determining physical properties including elastic, dielectric, and piezoelectric properties.
- Coupled fields; smart materials including piezoelectric materials and thermal actuators.
- Applications in lightweight structures, ultra-strong materials, materials for protection of the body, and materials for the replacement of human tissues.
- Materials with fibrous, lamellar, particulate, and cellular structures.
- Lattice metamaterials. Extreme and unusual physical properties.
- Heterogeneous materials of biological origin.
- Metamaterials and biomimetic and bio-inspired materials.